Character loss on upload

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Bring together the Nitrado Community Discord at present and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click hither to go to the Discord Server!

    • #one

    I've lost two characters after uploading to both a tek transmitter (while on valgeuro) and a cavern drop in aberration. I have successfully retrieved one character from aberration to valgeuro. Out of 3 characters losing two is beyond irritating. I don't know how to mitigate or avoid information technology altogether. Anyone else having similar issues?

    I have too lost all associated tames and items in the transfer equally well.:cursing: <X

    • #2

    This has been happening a lot to players on our cluster likewise ever since a couple of updates agone (its always been an issue, merely has just recently gotten really bad). I did a agglomeration of testing and was able to recreate it within v minutes every fourth dimension over the class of an 60 minutes. Here'southward what I've found for your reference:

    1. The issue appears to be that the game is losing the connection betwixt your PSN, XBOX, or Steam IDs and your bodily character. And so even though its withal at that place, the game doesnt recognize it and thinks you need to create a new graphic symbol.

    one.a. When yous lose the connection between the two, it seems the grapheme is "lost" in the cloud somewhere and the game doesnt know where it is and thinks its on a unlike server. Even though it may be correct in front of you if y'all manage to make a new character and get back to your base of operations.

    2. This consequence takes two forms.

    2.a. The showtime, is that after transferring from one map to another and so again after that and then log off, it will consistently lose the connectedness. So consistently that it can be reproduced in 7 minutes or less (depending on your altitude from an obelisk when y'all spawn and the run time to become there)

    2.b. The 2nd is when transferring, the disconnect happens mid transfer. This one I couldnt reproduce as consistently, and I've had mixed results with information technology. Sometimes the character volition even so exist in the download window, sometimes it wont. If its not in the downloads, theres unfortunately no mode to get it back :(

    3. In that location seems to be a "workaround" that nosotros recommend to our players that seems to prevent scenario two.a. Its a pain, but its meliorate than losing your character.

    3.a Since the outcome is with a "lagged" connection betwixt the server and your character data, if your character dies in-between transfers, it forces a "sync" to that server, which forces that connection. Once thats established, it should exist prophylactic to transfer. Obviously not guaranteed, but it seems to be helping on our servers.

    iv. For the issue where the character is lost on upload, I unfortunately accept not found a way effectually that one. Like i said in a higher place, sometimes its in the downloads withal when you log back in, other times its not. If its not, it is what it is.

    5. Equally a precaution, in that location'due south a couple options:

    5a. you can manually upload the dinos/items to the obelisks/drops so they are separate from your character, so that if you lose your character at least you still have your stuff, or you can kill your character correct before transferring and so transfer to try and sync that fresh connection as i mentioned to a higher place.

    All of the above is a pain, and I tried to reproduce information technology on an official server but I couldnt make it to the obelisk without beingness killed, and so I'yard not sure if its official servers likewise as unofficial or not. Hopefully this helps, and hopefully Wildcard is working on something for it...

    • #three

    My goodness that is a lot to assimilate! But I capeesh the info. I've been able to transfer one character and so far, but take not been able to transfer a single tame. It used to show me a timer in the drops, simply now the items or tames simply get into the drop with no timer. Information technology also used to tell me something is beingness uploaded, just now the item/tame only get into the ob similar I'm moving inventory effectually. And the pick for travel to another ark doesn't even be, just upload survivor.

    I've only been back to ark for nearly a month now so I'm not in the know nigh the recent problems that may have popped upward.
    I really wish I could alter my timezone stamp because trying to do a quick reset to save these things without going too far back is a hurting in the A!

    Is there whatever word on a fix for this, or is neither nitrado or wildcard being forthcoming, let alone acknowledging it?

    • #4

    WC would have their own updates at in that location support site. As far every bit I know it still exists.

    Double check your CA settings.

    • #five

    WC would have their own updates at there support site. Equally far every bit I know it nevertheless exists.

    Double check your CA settings.

    Everything is open as I have 2 servers and two of my friends have their own. Looking into WC updates.

    • #6

    I can upload dinos and items with no bug atm.

    • #7

    I know its probably the first thing that was checked, but just in case, have you double checked that the checkbox for CrossArk is selected above the Cluster ID? If that got deselected somehow it would disable cantankerous-ark even if theres a cluster id, and its easy enough to overlook

    • #8

    Every bit of you writing that it was checked and has been. I play on both pc and xbox.

    • #9

    I can upload dinos and items with no issues atm.

    I know its probably the starting time affair that was checked, just but in case, have you lot double checked that the checkbox for CrossArk is selected in a higher place the Cluster ID? If that got deselected somehow it would disable cantankerous-ark fifty-fifty if theres a cluster id, and its easy plenty to overlook

    Basically when I try to upload a tame, I get no timer, at that place is no loading window that pops up. The animal goes in and the timer looks similar --:--:--. In fact, it no longer says transfer to a different ark, just upload survivor. Even items no longer go a timer.

    • #10

    Modest update: I turned crossark off so sick play on my xbox alone now. Only I did another affair on a lark and I'yard thinking it is what has shown some promise.

    I've been signing in with my girlfriends controller which signs into her account first, then I'd bandy to my account and play (Both accounts are still signed in). Since I've been doing this, my map hasn't been saving ingame (On xbox, not pc. Pc map was fine). I'd have to rediscover everything. Yet, on my pc it was fine. Then I was thinking the ii accounts were clashing, and since my pc only had 1 active, I idea it might be this causing some issue.

    So I sign her off, utilize my own controller and was able to transfer some items from Valgeurro to Ragnarock successfully. I'm gonna test more after piece of work, but information technology went as it should accept on those transfer and then I'm optimistic.